Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Overwhelmed With Pride


There are really no words to describe just how proud I am of not only how the Ravens performed last night. The pride that I felt for my city and this incredible football team was greater than ever before as the Monday Night Football cameras scanned our beautiful harbor skyline and zoomed in on Ray Lewis's face full of emotion during the National Anthem.

I will admit, following the preseason games, I had my doubts. It was frustrating at times to watch what looked like the same tired football that we grew accustomed to last season. I wanted to see Joe get the ball in the air and down the field and I wanted to see our defense play with that "lights out" mentality that Baltimore is known for. Maybe they didn't deliver this for me in the preseason, but last night... the Ravens showed up BIG TIME!

Looks like everyone else around the league was just as impressed as Ravens fans were! Check out what people are saying this morning about our beloved black and purple beasts:

NFL.com
Joe Flacco Week 1 Highlight Video 
Quick Take: Ravens Look Like Contenders In Rout
Ed Reed Takes Interception to the House, Record Books
Joe Flacco Makes Big Statement for Baltimore Ravens

ESPN.com
Ravens No Huddle Offense Is Sharp
Joe Flacco, Ray Rice Lead Ravens in Season-opening Rout of Bengals
AFC North Blog - Rapid Reaction: Baltimore 44, Cincinnati 13

Baltimore Ravens Homepage
The Breakdown: It's A New Day For Ravens
Ed Reed Greatest INT Returner Ever
Offensive Line Has Some Surprises

WNST (Post-game Press Coverage)





No comments:

Post a Comment