Sunday, February 20, 2011

Le'Ron McClain's Plans for Next Season are Still Up In the Air

McClain was not quiet about the fact that he didn't feel that he was as involved with the Ravens offensive line as would have liked. After blocking for Ray Rice for the past few seasons, he hoped to have a lot more touches than he did this season.

A new post from the National Football Post indicates that not touching the football enough will definitely complicate McClain's ongoing contemplation of whether or not he will return to the Ravens.

"It's a great fit blocking in this offense, if that's all you want to do every week," McClain told the National Football Post in a telephone interview. "When you feel like you can give a lot more and have proven you can do a lot more and all you're doing is blocking, it's a little frustrating at times when they're telling you, 'All you got to do is go block this guy.' But I never let it get to me. I take pride in my game. I gave it my all. With all my heart and might and will, I blocked for Ray Rice. My frustration comes from wanting to do more. When we lost that game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs to not even get one attempt, it was pretty frustrating."

In 2008, McClain rushed for a career-high 902 yards and 10 touchdowns. In comparison, this season McClain rushed for only 85 yards and no touchdowns.

I think it would be a major loss to the Ravens if we see this guy go. It is clear that the Ravens are making an effort to reshape their offensive line and the way it is handled. To lose someone like McClain who has shown us that he does have the potential to do big things is definitely not a good call in my book.

While it seems like his decision is going to come down to the CBA and his status regarding free agency, according to the National Football Post McClain still claims that he hopes to remain in Baltimore.

"I'm wondering where I'm going to land. I really want to know what guys I'm going to be playing with. I hope it's with the Ravens. I understand it's a business. They're going to look out for the team. I've got to look out for what's best for Le'Ron McClain."

For the time being, it looks like we are just going to have to wait and see! I know I have my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment