Friday, February 18, 2011

Ngata is Given the Franchise Tag

I know I'm a little late with this one but exam week was upon me!

The Ravens have placed a franchise tag on Haloti Ngata with the hopes of a contract to follow. He was placed in the non-exclusive category so he is allowed to negotiate with other teams. However, Baltimore has the right to match any offer or receive two first-round draft picks if he signs with another team.

Ngata joined the Ravens in 2006 and has only missed two games in five seasons with the Ravens.

This year he had 65 tackles and a career-high 5.5 sacks. He also made the Pro Bowl for a second consecutive year!



According to NFL.com, keeping Ngata was the number one priority for Harbaugh and the Ravens in the offseason.


"It's really important," Harbaugh said. "I believe Haloti Ngata will be a Raven for life. That's the goal. I know that Haloti wants that. He's told me that he wants to be here. I don't want to speak for him, again, but I think he wants to be here, and I believe the organization wants him here."


No comments:

Post a Comment