Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ray Rice Offers His Opinion on How to Fix the Ravens Run Game


According to the Baltimore Ravens website, the run game will be a top priority for the team in the offseason. Ray Rice offered his advice on what went wrong in 2010 as well as how to address these issues moving forward.

“I feel the run game probably wasn’t as good as it was the previous two years, but I think it was fairly decent,” Rice said.

“At times, we weren’t all on the same page. In the run game, everybody has to be on the same page at the point of attack.”

Rice said being on the same page includes the offensive line and running backs having the same expectation of running tracks (the exact course and pace of the run), location of the landing point (an opening where a cut is made) and other “little things.”

He also spoke about the loss of Jared Gaither.

“Mike [Oher] handled his business, but when you lose a guy like Jared Gaither, who’s born to play tackle, it’s hard,” Rice said. “It’s hard [for defenders] to circle him.”

Rice has already hit the gym and is hard at work to make sure that he is physically ready for next season.

“I want to be better in pass protection,” Rice said. “I was facing some things this year where I was trying to go low on guys and they were trying to jump over me. I’m going to work on different techniques.”

No comments:

Post a Comment