Monday, March 21, 2011

Biscotti "embarrassed" by labor dispute


According to the Baltimore Sun's Ravens Insider, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti admitted that he is worried about losing fans because of a labor fight over billions of dollars when many fans are affected by the current economy. 
"I don’t think anybody is going to win the war of public opinion, and I don’t think it’s going to matter in the long run," Bisciotti told The Baltimore Sun at the NFL owners meetings in New Orleans. "I think fighting turns off the fans regardless of who is in the right or wrong. I don’t want to curry favor with my fans."
"I’m embarrassed that we’re fighting over money, just like you would be embarrassed if you and your wife were fighting over money in public. It’s an embarrassing topic to have to get into. Unfortunately, it is a public forum running a professional football team. I’m very concerned."
Bisciotti is very optimistic that there will definitely be a football season in 2011. 
"I believe in my heart that we’re not going to miss games," he said. "I believe in my heart that we should be negotiating yesterday and today and the next day. I understand all of the leverage that can be gained or lost by favorable or unfavorable rulings. When it’s all said and done, all of the players and all the owners want to play football."


No comments:

Post a Comment