Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flacco voices his disappointment about contract

Joe Flacco doesn't believe that it is necessary for the Ravens to wait another year to grant him a long-term contract extension. He voiced his opinion that he is disappointed by the franchise's decision not to launch negotiations until the 2011 season is over. 


The start to the 2011 season will mark Flacco's fourth year with the Ravens and his fourth year of a five-year contract with a maximum value of $30 million. 


During the NFL combine, the Ravens spoke to Flacco's representation saying that they wouldn't address his contract until next year. 


Ravens Insider, Aaron Wilson reports Flacco's thoughts:



“I played three years, you would think either you know that you like me or you don’t like me,” Flacco said Saturday at Ripken Stadium during teammate Haruki Nakamura’s Red Cross relief event to benefit Japan. “I think if you like me you would know. Hey, if it’s not the way they do things, it’s not the way they do things. We’ll see what happens a year from now.
“I would much prefer that we get something done right now because in a year from now I’m going to be thinking, ‘Hey, they already made me play one year without another contract, what’s the harm in playing another year and seeing what happens after that?’”
Flacco also emphasized that his goal is to play in Baltimore for a long time. 
“Of course it is,” Flacco said. “It’s incredible here, it’s great here. I don’t think there’s any question about that this is where I want to be long-term.
“It’s just a matter of doing what’s going to be good in terms of signing that deal and I’d like to do it as soon as possible. If they feel differently, they feel differently. When they eventually do want to do something, I’ll see if that’s something that’s going to benefit me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment