Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flacco's Thoughts On QB Coaches Move




"[ “Things will go just great,” Flacco said moments after he participated in the MSP Polar Bear Plunge, which benefits Special Olympics Maryland. “We’ve got a bunch of guys who want to win football games and we’re going to win football games. That’s what we do, on a year-to-year basis. We’d like to win a little bit more than we have the last couple of years, but, hey, that’s how it goes sometimes.
“I guess Cam [Cameron, Offensive Coordinator] is going to take more of a role in the quarterback room, he’s always in the quarterback room. He’s going to have his influence. He’s the offensive coordinator. We’re going to do things the way he wants them. And I still wish Jim would have been part of that.”
Without Zorn, Cameron will share quarterback duties with Offensive Assistant Craig Ver Steeg.  And, Head Coach John Harbaugh said he will be more involved with the offensive meetings, after spending his first three years in Baltimore with a more active role on defense and special teams.
“John’s going to be make sure things are ran, that things are going the way he wants them to,” said Flacco.  “I don’t think he’s going to necessarily have too many opinions about what we should be doing and putting in the game plan as an offense, but I think he’s going to be overseeing everything and making sure that everybody is in tune to the meetings and things like that.”
Flacco, who is a spokesman for Special Olympics Maryland, said he took Zorn’s firing personally.
After throwing for a career-best 3,622 yards, 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, Flacco believes the Ravens’ offense was moving in the right direction with Zorn on staff.
Flacco said he made his feelings clear to the organization.
“I also feel like a little bit like I’m being attacked,” Flacco said.  “You fire the quarterback coach. Usually when your fire a position coach, it’s because you’re not really happy with how that position did. And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games.  I felt like I had a pretty good year and you’re firing the quarterback coach?  It’s kind of an attack on me, I feel like. ]"

No comments:

Post a Comment